The Pain Clinic situated in Newton Park, Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape offers dependable and professional chronic pain management services.
The International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP) defines pain as an unpleasant sensory and emotional experience, associated with actual or potential tissue damage or described in terms of such damage.
Chronic or persistent pain is diagnosed when symptoms have persisted for longer than 3 months.
A holistic approach is followed with pain management, which involves the Bio-Psycho-Social model.
* This calls for a comprehensive assessment and evaluation.
* Special investigations as required.
* In-depth pain education.
* Assessment and consolidation of past and present treatments.
* Ultrasound guided, interventional treatment options in the consulting room if deemed safe and possible.
* Referral to other specialists when considered essential.
* Assessment and motivation for specialized treatment options. (Spinal cord stimulators and Morphine pumps)
* In-hospital pain management if the patient is already admitted or if authorization for such an admission can be obtained.
* Medical case management: Interaction and coordination between all relevant parties.
Please login to view all listing details!