Dr Dilshaad Asmal is a female dermatologist practicing from Rondebosch Medical Centre and Cape Town Mediclinic. She is also a specialist consultant at 2 Military Hospital.
DR Dilshaad Asmal - Biography
Dr Dilshaad Asmal has a vast media profile both in print, radio and television dating from 2010 to current. She has appeared on Hello Doctor, Doctor’s orders, Expresso, Afternoon Express, Elle magazine, Fairlady, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, You magazine, Kuier, Woman and Home, Edgars Club magazine, Media 24, Foschini magazine, Mediclinic magazine, Bona, Destiny, True Love magazines and on blogger’s platforms.
The practice focuses on both paediatric and adult dermatology.
Dr Asmal has travelled widely internationally to attend the best dermatology congresses to ensure that she is up to date on the latest international dermatological practices.
The practice has a special interest in molemapping with the German Fotofi nder and photodynamic therapy for skin cancer. Dr Asmal also performs fractional laser and deals with pigmentation and other aesthetic problems together with a keen interest in medical dermatology.
Dr Asmal belongs to the Dermatology Society of South Africa. The South African Dermatology Surgical Society and the African Women’s Dermatology Society. She is the only Dermatologist who is part of a panel for the Cape Advanced Wound Care Unit.
Rondebosch Medical Centre has an aesthetic practice – Rondebosch Aesthetics; that offers chemical peels, micro needling, together with Hyaluronic acid fillers.
The practice is managed by an excellent dermatologist who is passionate about dermatology.
Current worldwide therapies are practiced to ensure that the patient gets the best possible care.
What is a Dermatologist?
Dermatologists are specialist, medical doctors who treat all skin conditions and this includes, skin rashes and diseases, nails and hair conditions.
All dermatologists have completed a doctor’s degree and then specialise in dermatology, a total time spent studying is 11 – 12years.
The training equips them to treat and diagnose skin and to provide surgical intervention if necessary.
The following services are provided:
* General adult and paediatric dermatology
* Full body examination and skin cancer screening with a dermlite
* Diagnosis and treatment of sun damage, basal cell cancers and squamous cell cancers, melanomas and other skin tumours.
* Skin tag removal
* Liquid nitrogen
* Curette and cautery
* Treatment of pigmentation
* Cosmetic dermatology
* Mosaic fractional laser
Services and Procedures
* A full body examination is done of the patient and a full discussion of their condition occurs. Examination of moles
* Surgical procedures e.g. cautery of skin tags, excisions of moles, treatment of warts.
* Wart treatment – as assessment of the wart and discussion of treatment options and treatment
* HIV related skin conditions
* Eczema treatment
* Psoriasis treatment
* Mosaic fractional laser treatment – a cosmetic laser
* Botox – cosmetic procedures
* Fillers – cosmetic procedures
Rondebosch Medical Centre
85 Klipfontein Road
021 687 9400
Mediclinic Cape Town
21 Hof Street
021 464 5579
VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO